This fee goes towards the admin fees charged by the race organisers but will count towards your fundraising pledge. Payable to TOFS on successful application.
This is the minimum amount (before Gift Aid) that we would expect a runner to raise. But you don’t have to stop there! TOFS runners really go for it and most will raise over £2,500 each, with the average being nearly £3,500!
Thank you for your interest in running for TOFS!
We have been allocated a small number of charity “Golden Bond” places for the 2024 London Marathon race and are looking for runners to fundraise for TOFS. We usually receive about double the number of applicants for our spaces so your chance of being selected is quite high.
As we must pay the race organisers for each place we take, we need to feel confident that the people who are selected to run will do so successfully and with minimal risk of injury to themselves.
Final closing date is 31st May, 2023 however we reserve the right to close this process early subject to the number of successful applicants. So please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
We have now allocated all of our charity places.
Join our supporter mailing list to stay updated about upcoming events.
TOFS will support you by offering:
Please bear in mind that the organisers demand that you register in person in London during the four days leading up to the Marathon. Registration can be expected to close on the day before the Marathon, in the afternoon.
Moreover, you will need to make all your own transport and accommodation arrangements. Note that getting to the start at Greenwich, early on the Sunday morning, can present some transport difficulties.
TOFS asks you to use the cost-effective Peoples Fundraising website (www.peoplesfundraising.com).
Get in touch or give us a call on 01159 613092.
TCS London Marathon: TOFS Terms and Conditions
1. You confirm that the information on this form is complete and correct, and that you will be 18 years of age or older on 21 April 2024.
2. You recognise that TOFS will retain for a reasonable period the information that you supply by applying on this form, whether you are selected for a TOFS Golden Bond place or not.
3. You recognise that you apply and (if selected by TOFS) run the Marathon at your own risk in accordance with standard TCS London Marathon regulations and conditions, which are in addition to these TOFS terms and conditions.
4. You confirm that, so far as you are aware, you have no medical or health issues which would mean that it would be unsafe or unwise for you to train for and run a marathon.
5. You confirm that you shall (if selected to run for TOFS using a TOFS Golden bond place) diligently undertake the running training that is appropriate as preparation for a Marathon, in the months preceding the Marathon.
6. Should you be accepted to run for TOFS using a TOFS Golden bond place, you agree to pay a registration fee of £50 to TOFS. This is to cover some administration costs, and TOFS will ask for prompt payment. The fee will count towards your fund-raising pledge. If the fee is not cleared in the TOFS bank account within 21 days of you being sent notification by TOFS that you have been selected, TOFS may select another person in your place.
7. You confirm that you shall (if allocated a TOFS Golden Bond place) make diligent efforts to contact donors and sponsors and set up fundraising mechanisms so as to raise at least the amount you have suggested for TOFS, and TOFS shall be the only charity for which you raise funds in this event. You must show at least one month before the Marathon that your fundraising has commenced for instance by setting up a fundraising webpage and receiving at least an initial donation. TOFS strongly recommends the use of Peoples Fundraising.
8. If allocated a TOFS Golden Bond place, you are pledging to raise your suggested amount for TOFS and agreeing to make up any shortfall yourself or via your own further fundraising efforts to the required minimum of £1,500 (excluding any Gift Aid, which is to be in addition to the £1500) to be received by TOFS by the 30th June 2024.
9. All applications to TOFS are subject to a selection process to ensure that Golden Bond places are used to best possible fundraising effect commensurate with safety for all concerned, at the sole discretion of TOFS. TOFS will wish to give preference in the selection process to runners who are TOFS members or otherwise have a clear connection with the TOF/OA condition: however, TOFS is not obliged to do so.
10. If allocated a TOFS Golden Bond place, you agree to inform TOFS as soon as possible in writing, preferably by email, should you become unable to take part in the 2024 Marathon. Once this is acknowledged by TOFS, your minimum sponsorship obligation will cease. You understand that, should you withdraw from your Golden Bond place, the TOFS registration fee is non-refundable and will be retained by TOFS to cover expenses.
11. You agree that, should you withdraw from your Golden Bond place, you will co-operate and correspond with TOFS and the TCS London Marathon organisers such that another runner chosen by TOFS can take your 2023 Golden Bond place. At the discretion of TOFS, and subject to some conditions, you may be offered a TOFS place in 2025.
12. If you are unable to participate in the TCS London Marathon 2024 for any reason, all donated monies collected by you or donated via third parties (such as fundraising websites) in support of TOFS must be forwarded to TOFS. Money which has been pledged to you on condition of your completing the event must be returned to the individual sponsors, or donated to TOFS if those sponsors are happy to do so. Monies already received by TOFS will not be refunded.
13. If allocated a TOFS Golden Bond place, you agree that images taken on the day of the Marathon may be used by TOFS to help promote our fundraising efforts.
14. You understand that, if allocated a TOFS Golden Bond place, you will be required to also complete in full (and online) the Official TCS London Marathon Golden Bond registration process before a date yet to be confirmed, and to confirm to TOFS as soon as you have done so. As this will be done via the TCS London Marathon website, you understand you will need to have internet access and access to an email address before this date.
15. You understand that, if allocated a TOFS Golden Bond place, you will need to “register” in person, with suitable proof of your identity, in the days immediately before the Marathon at the TCS London Marathon’s “Expo” designated pre-race registration point in London.
16. You understand that, if allocated a TOFS Golden Bond place, you will need to make your own arrangements at your own expense to get to the start line and return from the finish point.
By returning this form to TOFS you accept and agree to the terms and conditions listed above.