Write your own piece of history in the heart of the South Downs as you chase the King from ancient coast to sweeping ridges.
This fee goes towards the admin fees charged by the race organisers but will count towards your fundraising pledge. Payable to TOFS on successful application.
This is the minimum amount (before Gift Aid) that we would expect a runner to raise for this event. But you don’t have to stop there! Most of our fundraisers easily surpass our minimum requirements.
Whether you are a first time Ultra runner or a hardened professional there is something to test everyone in this ultra-accessible figure of 8 ultramarathon challenge. The hardest part might just be waving goodbye to your supporters at the festival camp for your second loop.
50km Coastal takes you along the coastal path of Chichester Harbour AONB, through the picturesque ancient village of Bosham. If Castles are your thing, 50km Castle route winds along the River Arun, past Arundel Castle and up along the South Downs Way before heading back to the finish line.
You will be treated like royalty on your journey with fully stocked pitstops, laden with food and drinks, and tireless support from our crew and medics.
This is a challenge for all, inclusive of all ages, experience, and fitness levels.
Whether you’re a seasoned runner, patient plodder or weekend walker – take on 100km in one go, or 50km in one day via the coast or castle.
TOFS will support you by offering:
TOFS asks you to use the cost-effective Peoples Fundraising website (www.peoplesfundraising.com).
Get in touch or give us a call on 01159 613092.
Race to the King – Ultra Trail Run: TOFS Terms and Conditions
1. You confirm that the information on this form is complete and correct, and that you will be 18 years of age or older on 15 July 2024.
2. You recognise that TOFS will retain for a reasonable period the information that you supply by applying on this form, whether you are selected for a TOFS place or not.
3. You recognise that you apply and (if selected by TOFS) run the race at your own risk in accordance with the organiser’s regulations and conditions, which are in addition to these TOFS terms and conditions.
4. You confirm that, so far as you are aware, you have no medical or health issues which would mean that it would be unsafe or unwise for you to train for and run a marathon.
5. You confirm that you shall (if selected to run for TOFS) diligently undertake the running training that is appropriate as preparation for the event.
6. Should you be accepted to run for TOFS place, you agree to pay a registration fee of £40/£30 to TOFS. This is to cover some administration costs, and TOFS will ask for prompt payment. The fee will count towards your fund-raising pledge. If the fee is not cleared in the TOFS bank account within 21 days of you being sent notification by TOFS that you have been selected, TOFS may select another person in your place.
7. You confirm that you shall (if allocated a TOFS place) make diligent efforts to contact donors and sponsors and set up fundraising mechanisms so as to raise at least the amount you have suggested for TOFS, and TOFS shall be the only charity for which you raise funds in this event. You must show at least one month before the event that your fundraising has commenced for instance by setting up a fundraising webpage and receiving at least an initial donation. TOFS strongly recommends the use of Peoples Fundraising.
8. If allocated a TOFS place, you are pledging to raise your suggested amount for TOFS and agreeing to make up any shortfall yourself or via your own further fundraising efforts to the required minimum of £500 / £300 depending on the race entered (excluding any Gift Aid, which is to be in addition to the minimum) to be received by TOFS by the 15th July 2024.
9. All applications to TOFS are subject to a selection process to ensure that places are used to best possible fundraising effect commensurate with safety for all concerned, at the sole discretion of TOFS. TOFS will wish to give preference in the selection process to runners who are TOFS members or otherwise have a clear connection with the TOF/OA condition: however, TOFS is not obliged to do so.
10. If allocated a TOFS place, you agree to inform TOFS as soon as possible in writing, preferably by email, should you become unable to take part in the event. Once this is acknowledged by TOFS, your minimum sponsorship obligation will cease. You understand that, should you withdraw from your place, the TOFS registration fee is non-refundable and will be retained by TOFS to cover expenses.
11. You agree that, should you withdraw from your place, you will co-operate and correspond with TOFS and the event organisers such that another runner chosen by TOFS can take your place (if possible). At the discretion of TOFS, and subject to conditions, you may be offered a TOFS place in a future event.
12. If you are unable to participate in the event for any reason, all donated monies collected by you or donated via third parties (such as fundraising websites) in support of TOFS must be forwarded to TOFS. Money which has been pledged to you on condition of your completing the event must be returned to the individual sponsors, or donated to TOFS if those sponsors are happy to do so. Monies already received by TOFS will not be refunded.
13. If allocated a place, you agree that images taken on the day of the event may be used by TOFS to help promote our fundraising efforts.
14. You understand that, if allocated a TOFS place, you will be required to also complete in full (and online) any event organiser’s registration process before a date yet to be confirmed, and to confirm to TOFS as soon as you have done so. As this will be done direct with the organiser, you understand you will need to have internet access and access to an email address before this date.
15. You understand that, if allocated a TOFS place, you will need to make your own arrangements at your own expense to get to the start line and return from the finish point.
By returning this form to TOFS you accept and agree to the terms and conditions listed above.